Directions: Below in each question are given two statements I and II. These statements may be either independent causes or may be effects of independent causes or a common cause. One of these statements may be the effect of the other statement. Read both the statements and decide which of the following answer choice correctly depicts the relationship between these two statements.
Time limit: 0
0 of 10 questions completed
- Most Important Multiple Choice Questions
- Online Tests with Correct Answer Key and Explanations
- Useful for all Competitive Exams
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Not categorized 0%
- Question 1 of 10
- I. Computer education has been made compulsory for all the classes by many schools.
- II. The current job market prefers computer literate workforce.
Statement II is the cause and statement I is its effect. The demand of computer literate workforce in the current job market has led many schools to make computer education compulsory for all the classes.
- Question 2 of 10
- I. The standard of education in evening colleges of the State has been deteriorating.
- II. The standard of school education has been fast deteriorating in the State.
Both statements show deterioration in standard of education in the state. So they must be the effect of some common cause.
- Question 3 of 10
- I. All domestic airlines increased the fares in all sectors with immediate effect.
- II. Railways increased the fare of all its classes with immediate effect.
Different fuels are used in airlines and railways. So they are the effects of independent causes.
- Question 4 of 10
- I. The prices of fruits and vegetables fell substantially over the last few days.
- II. The quality of fruits and vegetables improved considerably over the last few days.
Usually prices increase with the improvement in quality. So, both are affects of independent causes.
- Question 5 of 10
- I. Recent floods in the area changed the nutritional contents of the soil.
- II. Farmers in the area switched over to cultivating rice instead of wheat.
Statement I is the cause and statement II is its effect.
- Question 6 of 10
- I. The bank has provided a link on its website to obtain feedback from customers.
- II. Customers have been complaining about poor services in the bank’s branches.
Statement II is the cause and statement I is its effect. To address the customers’ complains the bank has provided a link on its website to obtain feedback from customers.
- Question 7 of 10
- I. The production of pulses has dropped for the third consecutive year.
- II. India has decided to import pulses this year.
Due to continuous drop in the production of pulses India has decided to import pulses. So statement I is the cause and statement II is its effect.
- Question 8 of 10
- I. Budgetary allocation for building a better railway network e.g. constructing new railway lines has increased.
- II. There has been a substantial drop in the number of passengers opting for air travel.
Both statements are effects of independent causes.
- Question 9 of 10
- I. Indian citizens are willing to incur the cost of using environment friendly technology.
- II. Many countries are taking steps to cut their carbon emissions.
Both statements are effects of common cause i.e. to reduce pollution.
- Question 10 of 10
- I. The government has amended tax laws to boost exports.
- II. The export sector has been passing through difficult times due to heavy tax burdens.
Tax laws are amended to boost exports because heavy tax burdens were hampering exports. So statement II is the cause and statement I is its effect.