ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test – IBSAT
ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) is the common admission test for getting admission into the Business management programs in their different participating Business Schools spread across India which are listed underneath:
- ICFAI Business School (IBS)
- ICFAI National College (INC)
- ICFAI School of Financial Studies (ISFS)
- ICFAI School of Marketing Studies (ISMS)
- ICFAI School of Human Resource Development (ISHRD)
Programs and Admission Process
Through different ICFAI Institutes that are located in different parts of the country, ICFAI University offers MBA Programs which prepares men and women with the skills, knowledge and attitudes essential to the leadership of business anywhere in the world. Admissions to these MBA programs are done through ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT). The MBA programs are two year full-time campus-based programs with the following elective streams:
- International Business
- IT & Systems
- The Admission process for ICFAI Institutes comprises of IBSAT score and interviews. Applicants are required to write the IBSAT.
- Alternatively, GMAT/CAT scores are also accepted. The applicants short-listed on the basis of their performance in the IBSAT Entrance test are called for the interviews.
Eligibility and Pattern of Examination
The eligibility conditions for admission into various MBA programs through ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) are:
- For IBS/ISFS/ISMS/ISHRD: Graduation (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) from any discipline, (English medium) with 50% and above aggregate marks.
- For INC: Graduation (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) from any discipline, with 40% and above aggregate marks.
All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of formal schooling (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis) by April 30 of the concerned year. Applicants who have completed their graduation on a one-time sitting basis or on a 2-year basis are not eligible for admission to the management programs of ICFAI.
Students in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements including practical examinations/viva/assignments before April 30 of concern year.
Pattern of Examination
IBSAT is based on GMAT format with multiple choice questions and tests the applicant’s abilities in:
- quantitative techniques,
- data adequacy, vocabulary,
- writing skills, analytical reasoning and
- reading comprehension