Faculty of Management Studies – FMS
Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi, commonly known as FMS or FMS Delhi, established in 1954 under the aegis of the University of Delhi offers management education to the professional managers as part-time and full-time MBA programmes. It was the first business school in India which started offering a Full Time MBA programme. The first set of professors were trained at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the institute was started at the Delhi School of Economics premises under the-then Dean, Prof. A. Dasgupta. It is widely known to be one of the oldest business schools in India. The institute has since then expanded on the number of management courses available.
Courses and Admission Criteria
The school has a good reputation amongst corporates for its marketing and finance programs. It is situated in the North and South campuses of the University of Delhi. The various programmes offered by FMS are:
- MBA (Full Time)
- MBA (Executive)
- MBA (Executive)Health Care Administration
- Doctoral Programmes
The admission to the course are done on the basis of score in Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).
FMS earlier had its own entrance exam which was discontinued starting session 2012-14. The notification for various programmes offered by FMS is advertised through national newspapers in September–October every year.
Pattern of Examination
1. Students applying for admission to the first year of MBA (Full-Time) Programme must have completed a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree Programme after 12 years of formal schooling in any of the following disciplines. The minimum requisite percentage of marks in different disciplines is as follows:
- Arts, Commerce or Social Sciences – 50%
- Sciences – 55%
- Mathematics or Statistics – 60%
- Medicine, Engineering or Technology – 60%
- Post Graduate Degree or 2nd Degree examination after 10+2+3 scheme, securing at least 60% marks.
Note : Candidates appearing for the final examination of Bachelor’s / Post Graduate Degree examinations may also apply
1) Every candidate seeking admission should have passed a bachelor’s degree examination of at least 3 years duration with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
2) Candidates must be sponsored by their employers
3) Candidates should have at least three years experience as an executive or an administrator in a commercial, industrial or government establishment after passing the Bachelor’s Degree Examination
- The tuition Fees at FMS Delhi is one of the lowest and most affordable amongst all Business schools across the country.
- The Annual tuition fee for MBA-Full Time and Ph.D. programmes at FMS is approximately Rs 10,480 per year.
- The annual fee payable is Rs. 50,000 in two equal instalments of Rs. 25,000 each for MBA-Executive and MBA-Executive (Health Care Administration) programmes.