Common Management Admission Test – CMAT
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is an online computer-based test conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), India. It is a national-level admission test for facilitating institutions to select suitable students for admission in all management programmes approved by AICTE. AICTE launched CMAT to reduce the burden (physical, mental and financial stress) of students in attending to multiple examinations.
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
Graduates in any discipline or final year students of graduate courses can apply for CMAT online
The detailed merit list will be provided to the respective State Governments for allotting the students through central counselling or otherwise as per their notified admission procedure.
In case there is no central counselling scores awarded will be used for admission in the AICTE approved institutes/university departments.
- General/OBC Rs 1200/- plus bank charges as applicable;
- SC/ST/PD Rs 600/- plus bank charges as applicable.
Pattern of Examination
CMAT is a three-hour test. The question paper comprises four sections:
- Quantitative technique
- Logical reasoning
- Language comprehension
- General Awareness
There are 25 questions in each section. While each correct answer carries four marks, each wrong answer will carry one negative marking.
CMAT is a computer-based test (CBT). A candidate reads the questions on a computer terminal and chooses an answer by clicking on the correct option.
Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Allahabad, Amravati, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bhuj, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Devangere, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Meerut, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Rajkot, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Surat, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam
List of TOP Colleges accepting CMAT Scores
Apart from this list, all AICTE approved institutions are expected to accept CMAT score
1. JBIMS – Mumbai
2. Great Lakes Institute of Management ( 2 yr PGDM course)
3. GIM Goa
4. XIME Bangalore
5. Sydenham Institute of Management Studies – Mumbai
6. K.J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research – Mumbai
7. Prof L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research – Mumbai
8. Praxis Business School
9. SIES College of Management Studies – Mumbai
10. N.L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies – Mumbai
11. Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA)
12. Xavies Institute of Social Service – Ranchi
13. DoMS, NIT Durgapur
14. IMT Nagpur
15. IMT Hyderabad
16. IFMR Chennai
17. IMDR Pune
18. Alliance School of Business – Bangalore
19. Amity University, Noida
20. ITM, Navi Mumbai
21. New Delhi Institute of Management