Symbiosis Society’s Law college, Pune
Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS, Pune), India, originally known as Symbiosis Society’s Law College, was established in 1977 under the banner of Symbiosis Society under the patronage of Dr. S. B. Mujumdar, President & Founder Director, it is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Bombay Public Trust, Act,1950. Symbiosis Law School, earlier known as Symbiosis Society’s Law College, is a constituent college of the Symbiosis International University. It has been approved by Bar Council of India and accredited with Grade A by NAAC. It is situated in Senapati Bapat Road, Pune in a campus shared with Symbiosis School of Economics, Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce, Symbiosis College of Nursing and Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts.
The candidate seeking admission to the Symbiosis Law School, Pune should adopt the following procedure:
The applicant must register online for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET). For details please visit www.set-test.org. Selection is done in two phases:
- Candidates will be short listed on the basis of the SET score.
- The short listed candidates will be invited for GEPI at Symbiosis Law School, Pune and at Symbiosis Law School, Noida Campus, based on candidate’s preference of location.
- Specific dates & Centers will be announced against the names of candidates, shortlisted for GEPI.
- The final merit list shall be drawn on the basis of both the performances.
Pattern of Examination
- No. of questions: 150
- Total Marks: 150
- Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Logical Reasoning 30 marks
- Legal Reasoning 30 marks
- Analytical Reasoning 30 marks
- Reading Comprehension 30 marks
- General Knowledge 30 marks
Successful candidates must then appear for an interview.
Students must have passed their HSC exam (10+2) or its equivalent with at least 55% marks.
Number of Seats
There are 80 seats for the BA LLB course and 240 seats for the BBA LLB course. Of the above seats:
- 15% is reserved for SC candidates,
- 7.5% for ST candidates,
- 15% for sponsored candidates,
- 2% for physically handicapped and
- 5% for serving or retired defence personnel or their children.
Course Structure and Placement
Symbiosis conducts two 5 year integrated law courses a BA LLB course covering arts subjects with law and the second is a BBA LLB course which covers management and business subjects with law.
Placements – There is a Placement Core Group with both faculty and students as members. They conduct recruitments for the students. Symbiosis also conducts a placement program whereby students are prepared for the recruitment procedures and are trained in communication skills, public speaking, resume writing and other skills needed for the placement process.
Symbiosis Society’s Law college, Pune 2013
How to get the application Form:
- Applicant shall receive the prospectus from SIU only.
- For mode of payment please see www.set-test.org.
- In addition, applicant has to fill up an online application form at the website of the SLS, Pune that is www.symlaw.ac.in, by paying Rs. 1000/-, without which he/she will not be shortlisted for Group Exercise and Personal Interview (GEPI).
- Online registration closes: April 14, 2013
- Payment closes on: April 16, 2013
- SET Test: May 4, 2013
- Symbiosis Entrance Test: Law/HS/ENG: 9.30 am to 12.00
- General/Design: 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm
- SET Result: May 20, 2013