Government Law College Mumbai – GLC
The Government Law College, Mumbai (also referred to as GLC) is a law school located in Mumbai, India. Founded in 1855, GLC is the oldest law school in Asia and one of the most distinguished law schools in India.
Courses and Admissions Procedure
While the College does not have an admissions test for matriculation, it favours an extremely selective approach by focusing upon grades achieved in the K-10+2 examinations and the final year examinations of the undergraduate colleges the examinations held across India. The College has traditionally maintained high cut-off percentages for admission and competition is fierce for the sparse annual intake.
GLC offers :
- Integrated B.L.S., LL.B course. The course spans over five years and leads to a dual B.L.S, LL.B. degree awarded by the Mumbai University. The first two years of the program are pre-law and is focused on the study of the humanities and social sciences. The remaining three years focus exclusively on the law.
- Postgraduates have the option of enrolling solely for the LL.B. degree. The LL.B. degree is a three-year program with classes devoted solely to the study of law.
- Diploma courses:
- Postgraduate Diploma Course in Securities Law
- Diploma in Cyber-Laws
Offered in joint-collaboration with the Asian School of Cyber Laws. Both courses are taught by leading practitioners and experts.
Government Law College, Mumbai (GLC) 2013
- Sale of Forms: 30 May 2013 to 6th June, 2013
- Submission of Pre admission Online Enrolment Forms: 30th May, 2013 to 7th June, 2013
- Submission of Admission Forms Along with printed copy of Pre-Enrolment Forms (Mandatory): 6th June, 2013 to 10th June, 2013 (In-house admission can be given during this period)
- First Merit List: 10th June, 2013 (6.00 p.m.)
- Payment of fees : 11th June, 2013
- Second Merit List: 12th June, 2013
- Payment of fees: 13th June, 2013
- Third Merit List: 14th June, 2013
- Payment of fees: 15th June, 2013 to 17th June, 2013