Faculty of Law Allahabad University
Faculty of Law Allahabad University is approved by Bar Council of India (BCI), Government of India, New Delhi. It conducts a course in the field of law, that is, B.A. LL.B. (Hons), which is a five-year integrated program. It is one of the oldest and prominent law faculties in India.
Pravesh Bhawan, Chatham Lines Campus,
University of Allahabad – 211002.
Courses and Admission Procedure
1. Bachelor of Arts, LL.B. (Honours)
- Course Detail: The Faculty of law offers Five years integrated degree in B.A. LL.B. (Hons).
- Admission Criteria: The candidates must have passed in 10+2 examination with any stream, from any recognized Board. The admission procedure is based on the candidates’ marks in an entrance test, which is conducted by the University.
2. LL.B. Three Year Course
Candidate shall be eligible for admission to LL.B Course who has passed any of the following qualifying examinations either from Allahabad University or any other University recognized by Allahabad University and has secured a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination:
- B.A/ B.Com/ B.Sc (Hons.) Examination, or
- B.A / B.Com/ B.Sc three year degree Course examination in 10+2+3 system, or
- B.A/ B.Com/ B.Sc examination according to 10+2+2 or +3 Rule on or before 1987, or
- B.A / B.Com/ B.Sc examination in the year 1988 or following years according to 10+2+2 or 11+3 system and have passed Bridge Course examination or the post-graduation examination, or
- B.Sc (Ag.)/B.E / B.Tech / MBBS examinations.
Pattern of Examination
The Law Admission Test shall be of 3 hours duration which includes half an hour for verification of the instruction to the candidates.
The test shall consist of Three Papers each of 100 marks, as mentioned below:
Paper I: Language Comprehension
- Section I : Hindi Language comprehension,
- Section II : English Language.
Paper II: General Awareness & Current Affairs
Note: Every correct answer candidate shall be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong answer 1/3 of a mark will be deducted.
Paper III: Reasoning & Mental Ability
Note: For every correct answer candidate will be provided 2 marks and for every wrong answer 2/3 of a mark will be deducted.
Faculty of Law Allahabad University Allahabad – 2013
Important Dates (B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Five Year Integrated Course)
• Form Online process begins 16 March, 2013
• Distribution/Submission of Application Forms from Pravesh Bhawan, University of Allahabad 19 March, 2013
• Last Date of Submission of Application Forms (by Online) 10, April, 2013
• Last Date of Submission of Applications Forms (by hand) 10, April, 2013
• Date of Enabling Online Admit Cards 25, April, 2013
• Date of Entrance Test 5, May, 2013
• Test Time and Duration 9.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.
LL.M. Admission Test 2013-2014
• Form ONLINE Sale and Submission process begins Sunday, 05 May, 2013
• Last Date of Submission of Application Forms (by Online) Saturday, 25, May, 2013
• Date of Enabling Online Admit Cards Wednesday, 05 June, 2013
• Date of Entrance Test Saturday, 8, June, 2013
• Test Time and Duration 8.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.