Army Institute of Law Mohali
Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 under the aegis of Army Welfare Education Society (AWES). Its interim campus at Patiala was inaugurated by Lt. Gen. H B Kala, PVSM, AVSM, SC, the then GOC-in-C HQ Western Command, on 15 July 1999. It shifted to its permanent location at Sector-68, Mohali on 21 July 2003. AIL’s Mohali campus was inaugurated by HE Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, President of India, on 01 Dec 2003. The Institute runs B.A.,LL.B. 5-year degree course in law, primarily for the wards of servicemen and ex-servicemen of Army. The Institute is affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala and approved by the Bar Council of India.
Sector – 68, Mohali – 160 062 Punjab
Contact No. 0172 – 5095336, 337, 338
E-Mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Course and Admission Procedure
Duration: 5 Year Degree Coruse
- For Army Category – Rs 48300
- Civil Category – Rs 57930
On the basis of the merit of Entrance Test to be conducted on all India Basis at 16 test centres. A candidate seeking admission to this course is required to send his/her application for the Entrance Test in the prescribed form.
A candidate who has passed 10+2 examination from Punjab School Education Board or any other equivalent examination recognized as such by the Punjabi University, Patiala, securing at least 45% marks is eligible.
He/She should not have completed the age of 20 years.
Details of the seats available are as under:
- Total Seats 80
- Wards of Army Personnel 60
- Punjab Residents Civil category 16
- All India General Category 04
Pattern of Examination
The Entrance Test will consist of a paper with 4 sections of two hours duration in a single sitting to be conducted as under:
G.K. & Current Affairs
Logical Reasoning/ Mental Ability
The paper shall have objective type questions of a standard expected of 10+2 students
Syllabus for Entrance Test
Distribution of questions
English – 66 Question
(a) Comprehension : 20 Questions
(b) Grammar : 46 Questions
(iii) One word Substitution
(iv) Sentence Completion
(v) Spotting Errors
(vi) Idioms and Phrases
General Knowledge & Current Affairs – 55 Questions
General Knowledge – 35 Questions
(ii) Art and Literature/General Awareness
Current Affairs – 20 Questions
Pertaining to matters featured in mainstream media can be asked and period can be limited to one year.
Logical Reasoning/Mental Ability – 55 Questions
(i) Series Completion
(iii) Blood relations
(iv) Direction Sense test
(v) Logical Venn Diagrams
(vi) Completion of Series
Legal Aptitude – 44 Questions
As the candidates cannot be tested on any prior knowledge of law or legal concepts, only questions pertaining to Legal Awareness will be framed with the help of legal propositions and a set of facts such as:
(i) Law and Judiciary
(ii) Current and important legal facts.
(iii) Legal Terms, which commonly occurs in lay man’s language but are used some times without understanding.
Army Institute of Law, Mohali – 2013
- Availability of Prospectus and Form (for all categories) 22 May 2013
- Last date of submission of Application-Cum-Admission Form 08 June 2013
- Submission of Application-Cum-Admission Form with late fees 10 June 2013
- Admit Card will be despatched (via E-mail/Post) 17 June 2013
- Non receipt of Admit Card to be intimated to AIL by 20 June 2013
- Date of Entrance Test (1100 hrs to 1300 hrs) 23 June 2013
- Date of Declaration of Result (Online) by 30 June 2013
- First Counseling-cum-Admission 04 July 2013
- Second Counseling-cum-Admission (if required) 08 July 2013
- Third Counseling-cum-Admission (if required) will be informed later
- Date for Reporting of Students (1st year) at the Institute 08 July 2013
- Orientation Week 08 July 2013 to 12 July 2013
- Commencement of classes 15 July 2013
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!